18th Illinois Infantry
Monument is located on Grant Avenue between the Kansas Memorial and Grant Circle. This unit was attached to Col. Jonathan Richmond's Brigade of Brig. Gen. Nathan Kimball's Division, Maj. Gen. Cadwallader C. Washburn's XVI Army Corps (Detachment) and was commanded by Col. Daniel H. Brush. The regiment fortified Snyder's Bluff on 6 June 1863 and remained at that point throughout the siege.
Last updated: April 14, 2015