17th Battery Ohio Light Artillery
Monument is located south of the Visitor Center parking area. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Andrew J. Smith's 10th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand's (relieved of command 19 June 1863) and Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps, and commanded by Capt. Ambrose A. Blount and Capt. Charles S. Rice.
Position tablet for 17th Battery, Ohio Light Artillery.
Last updated: April 14, 2015