Monument is located on Union Avenue, 100 yards south of the Iowa Memorial. Also a marker designating the assault of 22 May 1863, located on the ridge 400 ft west of Union Avenue, southwest of the Old Reunion Grounds. This unit was attached to Col. Daniel W. Lindsey's 2d Brigade of Brig. Gen. Peter J. Osterhaus' 9th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand's (relieved of command 19 June 1863) and Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps, and commanded by Capt. Eli W. Botsford and Maj. Milton Mills.
16th Ohio Infantry