16th Battery Ohio Light Artillery
Monument located on Union Avenue, 50 yards south of the Iowa Memorial. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Alvin P. Hovey's 12th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand's (relieved of command 19 June 1863) and Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Lt. Russell P. Twist.
Last updated: April 14, 2015