Monument and iron tablet located at Illinois Circle on Hall's Ferry Road, north of Interstate 20, on former park property. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Jacob G. Lauman's 4th Division, Maj. Gen. Cadwallader C. Washburn's XVI Army (Detachment) Corps, assigned to XIII Army Corps, and commanded by Capt. Edward Spear, Jr.
From 15 April-8 May, 1863, the battery was attached to Col. George E. Bryant's Task Force Bryant of Brig. Gen. Grenville M. Dodge's 2d Division, Maj. Gen. Stephen A. Hurlbut's XVI Army Corps, of Maj. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant's Department of the Tennessee. [Refer to Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume II, page 247.]
15th Battery Ohio Light Artillery
Last updated: April 14, 2015