130th Illinois Infantry
Monument is located on Union Avenue 150 yards south of the Minnesota Memorial, approximately .5 miles from the Visitor's Center. Also a marker designating the assault of 22 May 1863, located on Confederate Avenue at the Railroad Redoubt, Park Tour Stop #13 and a marker designating a sharpshooter's line located in the mowed gallery running north & south 400 yards west-southwest of the Minnesota Memorial. This unit was attached to Col. William J. Landram's 2nd Brigade of Brig. Gen. Andrew J. Smith's 10th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Lt. Col. Nathaniel Niles.