12th Iowa Infantry
Monument located on Graveyard Road 100 yards west of Union Avenue. Also a marker designating the assaults of 22 May 1863, located on Graveyard Road 100' west of Union Avenue, a marker designating a sharpshooter's line 500' north of Graveyard Road behind the Jenney relief portrait and a marker designating the camp site located on the north side of Graveyard Road behind the Woods Relief Portrait. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Charles L. Matthies & Col. Joseph J. Woods' 3rd Brigade of Brig. Gen'l James M. Tuttle's 3rd Division, Maj Gen. William T. Sherman's XV Army Corps and was commanded by Col. Joseph J. Woods & Col. Samuel R. Edington.
Last updated: April 14, 2015