127th Illinois Infantry
Monument located on Union Avenue 150 yards south of Grant Avenue. Also a marker designating the assault of 19 May 1863 located on Graveyard Road east of the Stockade Redan. This unit was attached to Col. Thomas Kilby Smith & Brig. Gen. Joseph A.J. Lightburn's (assumed command 24 May 1863) 2nd Brigade of Maj. Gen. Francis P. Blair's 2nd Division, Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman's XV Army Corps and was commanded by Col. Hamilton N. Eldridge.
Last updated: April 14, 2015