Monument located on Union Avenue, 150 yards south of the Iowa Memorial. Also a marker designating the assault of 22 May 1863, located 400 ft west of Union Avenue on the ridge southwest of the Old Reunion Grounds. This unit was attached to Col. Daniel W. Lindsey's 2d Brigade, of Brig. Gen. Peter J. Osterhaus' 9th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand's (relieved of command 19 June 1863) and Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps, and commanded by Col. John Cradlebaugh and Lt. Col. John H. Kelly.
Last updated: April 14, 2015