114th Illinois Infantry
Monument is located on Union Avenue approximately .4 mile west of Thayer's Approach (Park Tour Stop #6). Also a marker designating the assault of 19 May 1863 located on the south side of Graveyard Road 200' from Union Avenue and markers designating sharpshooter's lines located on the ridge on the north side of Graveyard Road near Confederate Avenue and on Union Avenue approximately .4 mile west of Grant Avenue. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Ralph P. Buckland's & Col. William L. McMillen's 1st Brigade of Brig. Gen. James M. Tuttle's 3rd Division, Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman's XV Army Corps and was commanded by Col. James W. Judy.