Please secure your vehicle
Please be sure your vehicles are locked and secured. Federal law enforcement officers and security bike patrols monitor the parking lots, but the National Park Service cannot be held responsible for any items that may be stolen from your vehicle.
Items that are NOT allowed at the monument:
- Bags that offer concealment, such as purses, handbags, backpacks, fanny packs, camera bags, diaper bags, luggage, etc., are not allowed at the monument. The USS Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park has a baggage storage facility near the entrance to the visitor center. There is a fee of $5 per bag for all sizes, including luggage. Storage is available daily from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Visitors may use the same bag storage and parking stall for visits to all Pearl Harbor Historic Sites. Security measures are strictly enforced at all visitor destinations on Pearl Harbor.
- Glass containers other than baby food jars.
- Musical instruments and cases not related to a permit.
- Recreation or sports equipment such as skateboards, skate shoes, Frisbees and balls.
- Flowers in pots, vases or containers.
- Aerosol containers.
- Knives and other weapons.
Items allowed at the monument:
- Clutches (strap or no strap) and wallets measuring 1.5 X 2.25 X 5.5.
- Clear plastic bags, such as those allowed at football games.*
- Lightweight, plastic shopping bags, such as those provided by the Pacific Historic Parks bookstore, Battleship Missouri Memorial, USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park, and the Pacific Aviation Museum, as well as the same type of shopping bags from outside the monument.*
- Small canvas and recycled material type shopping bags purchased in the secure zone. Use is allowed on the day of purchase only.
- Small form-fitting, single camera bags that only allow for carriage of the camera and additional small items such as a lens cap or cleaner.*
- Wheel chairs that have a fixed bag (no ability to remove).
- Bags containing medical equipment unsuitable for lightweight, plastic, transparent shopping bags.
- Stroller with a fixed pouch (no ability to remove).
- Musical instruments and cases related to an NPS-issued Special Use Permit or similar partner document.
- Firearms possessed by commissioned law enforcement officers. Must be declared to a law enforcement ranger.
*Note: Any bag that is determined to be allowed will be inspected and/or tagged as screened.
Medical and mobility concerns
The park is in ADA compliance and handicap accessible. Wheelchairs and scooters can be brought on site and throughout all parts of the visitor center, to include the theaters and the memorial. Please note: The visitor center does not offer wheelchairs, except in emergency situations.
Walking between facilities can be challenging for visitors with mobility issues, but there are several benches throughout the visitor center for rest opportunities.
There are no doctors or nurses on-site. EMS is available and a hospital is nearby. If you have a medical need, notify the staff at the security checkpoint. In addition, please let a park ranger know if you have any special needs.