The Washington Memorial Chapel was built in 1903 to serve two purposes. The first purpose is as a tribute to George Washington and his service to our country. It currently serves as a wayside chapel for the visitors of Valley Forge National Historical Park. The second purpose is as the home for the Episcopal parish that worships at the chapel.
The chapel is constructed in an impressive Gothic Revival style with a Bell Tower. The Bell Tower houses the Justice Bell, a replica of the Liberty Bell, which was used in the campaign to gain woman's voting rights. The Veterans Wall of Honor honors all veterans of the United States Armed Services. The Washington Memorial Chapel offers special programing throughout the year such as concerts, reenactments, and special guest speakers.
The chapel complex is also home to the Chapel Cabin Shop. Gifts, souvenirs, food and drink are available for purchase.
Visit the Washington Memorial Chapel website to learn more about the chapel and their special events.
Last updated: January 4, 2016