Special Use Permit -WeddingsThe restrictions outlined below, are designed to prevent harm to the park and to prevent impairment of the public’s ability to use park resources for the purpose that Congress intended. Wedding ceremonies must not harm or the park resources or interfere with normal visitor use. Lead Park Ranger Craig Morris manages the issuance of Special Use Permits (SUP) for weddings. He can be reached at James_C_Morris@nps.gov, or by calling 904-641-7111 extension 412.
Designated Wedding Locations - Kingsley Plantation- The designated area is between the Plantation House and the Fort George River, except for directly in front of the house. Fort Caroline – East of the Fort exhibit in the grassy shaded area south of the moat, at the river overlook behind the visitor center, and at the Ribault Column.
1. Permits are issued for wedding ceremonies only; no receptions. The park will permit one ceremony per site per day. No ceremonies are permitted on federal holidays or special event weekends.
2. Applicants must submit a Timucuan Special Use Permit Application (form 10-930), a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the proposed ceremony.
3. Ceremonies are only allowed to be held at designated locations. Described above and delineated on the attached map.
4. Wedding ceremonies are limited to 25 participants, including guests and the wedding party. Permitee is allowed to use eight (8) parking spaces.
5. No tent stakes or other objects may be driven into the ground.
6. Amplified sound systems are permitted, but sound levels must comply with 36 CFR 2.12, which limit sounds to a maximum of 60db at 50 feet from the source.
7. No alcohol is allowed.
8. No material or items such as rice, birdseed, confetti, or flower petals are permitted to be strewn. Releasing of balloons, birds, or any other item within the park is not allowed.
9. The use of fire or open flame is prohibited, which includes candles.
10.The permit will be issued for a two hour time period. This is the time period to set up, conduct, and clean up after the ceremony.
11. There is a non-refundable $100.00 application fee. All events require a monitor at a rate of $50.00 per hour.
12. The permit is for a particular date, time, and location. They fee is for the administration and processing of the permit, no refunds or weather delays are granted.
13. The Park does not provide changing rooms, equipment, materials, or services.