Ranger-led programs on the island are free and do not require a reservation. If you would like to bring a group of 10 or more people on a program, please call 703‑289‑2553 to let a ranger know.
Permits are required for certain activities within the park such as:
- Driving commercial vehicles on park roads
- Any activities in which participants are paying to participate, such as tours or classes
- Religious services and ceremonies
- Funeral and memorial ceremonies
- Filming in the park
- Non-vehicular commercial activities in the park