What Is YCC?
Youth Conservation Corps, better known as YCC, is a summer employment program for young men and women ages 15 though 18. YCC offers opportunities around the country to work, and learn about conservation and preservation of public lands. The Youth Conservation Corps was established by Congress on August 13, 1971 through Public Law 91-378.
- Play, learn and work outside
- Be a team member with other young people working together towards a goal
- Train how to use a variety of tools and learn safe work habits
- Learn about the natural, cultural and historical significance of your national park
- Gain valuable experience, building your future working at a National Park Service site
- Discover the benefits of conservation projects
- Camp in the backcountry
- Have fun: kayaking, photography, horseback riding, climbing, hiking, swimming, boating