Friday, May, 14, 2021
9:00 AM Eastern Time to 12:00 NOON
- NCPTT Intro
- Chiefs Intro
- Test equipment, internet connections resolve technical issues
- Intro to class methods and process
- State of cemetery preservation Presentation
- Cemetery Preservation Intensive Course for Puerto Rico
- Curso Intensivo de Preservación de Cementerios para Puerto Rico
This course emphasizes sound maintenance techniques for cemeteries that are sustainable, cyclic, non-invasive, and do no harm.
After this workshop, learners will be able to
- Prepare their cemetery for future disasters and how to handle the aftermath
- Visualize a cemetery’s safety concerns and make note of said issues.
- Prioritize safety hazards and act in an order of concern.
- Reference ethical principles for decision making.
- Describe the causes and effects of stone deterioration.
- Describe different methods to remove volunteer plants in cemeteries.
- Distinguish between planted and volunteer plants in a cemetery.
- Understand the choice to use traditional materials vs modern materials appropriate to use in a historic site.
Additionally, learners will be able to:
- Perform visual inspection of headstones.
- Document the general overview of a gravesites condition.
- Document the condition of grave markers.
- Understand the complex nature of decision making necessary in a gravesite,
- Know the basics for up-keep and care of the monuments.
- Remove volunteer plants in cemeteries.
- Create a plan for volunteer plant removal.
- Choose from different ways to technically document gravesites.