- Sea Level Change and Storm Surge Projects Brief [PDF]
Cultural Resources [PDF]
Observed and projected climate change trends are a great concern as these forces accelerate, intensify, and combine in new ways that are increasing our rate of loss of cultural resources. These trends heighten the urgency for the NPS to survey climate-vulnerable areas, develop appropriate preservation and documentation techniques, and learn from the history and prehistory these resources contain. With so many cultural resources entrusted in our care, the NPS provides leadership nationwide and management in regards to climate change.
- Cultural Resources and Climate Change Impacts Table (coming soon)
Scenario planning, also referred to as scenario thinking, is a process managers and planners can use to explore how climate change may affect national parks in the future. Scenario planning can help simplify and combine complex projections and wide-ranging research into a format that allows us to recognize, adapt to, and take advantage of changes over time.
- NPS Scenario Planning Handbook [PDF] Addendum 1 [PDF]
- U.S. National Climate Assessment Scenarios
- NPS Intranet Scenario Planning webpage (NPS network users only)