Permit Review Process
- RACT/BACT/LAER Clearinghouse (RBLC) – This website provides access to information and decisions about pollution control measures required by air pollution emission permits.
Air Quality Analysis & Modeling
- EPA Guideline On Air Quality Models – This website explains the regulatory requirements for using air quality models and specifically the CALPUFF long-range transport model.
- EPA’s Support Center for Regulatory Atmospheric Modeling (SCRAM) – This website contains documentation and guidance for air quality models, including downloadable computer code, input data, and model processors.
- IWAQM Modeling Guidance (pdf, 3.2 MB) – This document explains long-range transport modeling for analyzing Class I Area impacts.
- The CALPUFF model – This website explains the CALPUFF long-range transport model that should be used for Class I area impact analyses.
- Class I Area Boundaries – This website provides maps of Class I area boundaries.
- Class I Area Receptors – This website provides suggested receptor grids for Class I area impact modeling.
- Emissions & Control Technology – Particulate Matter Speciation – This website provides specifications on particle speciation for a variety of sources. These specifications should be included in all modeling protocols.
- Federal Land Managers’ Air Quality Related Values Work Group (FLAG) Guidance – This guidance document explains what analyses you should do and how to do them.
- Guidance on Nitrogen and Sulfur Deposition Analyses – This guidance document summarizes existing and emerging deposition analysis tools and explains when and how these tools should be applied.
- National Acid Deposition Program – This website provides monitoring data for atmospheric chemical deposition at more than 300 sites.
- Park Profiles – This web page identifies air quality related values for Class I areas managed by NPS.