The Star-Spangled Banner National Historic Trail works through a growing number of partnerships with museums, parks, wildlife refuges, water and land trails that rely on volunteer help to maintain and restore the natural, cultural, and recreational resources that characterize the Bay.Join Others in Restoring the Chesapeake Bay
The Bay's future depends on the actions of every person who lives, works and plays in the Chesapeake Bay watershed. Simple changes in how we treat our backyards and public spaces can improve the quality of the Bay and its rivers now and for future generations.
- Learn some simple tips for helping the Bay from the Chesapeake Bay Program.
- Join community action and volunteer projects at your favorite local Bay site.
- Connect with Star-Spangled Banner Trail partners who are helping protect the trail's natural and cultural resources.
The story of peoples' relationship with and reliance on the Chesapeake Bay spans thousands of years. Telling these stories allows people of all ages to connect with past.
How can you share your love of storytelling and history?
- Volunteer as a museum docent or guide at museums or sites along the trail. Contact sites directly, or contact us for suggestions.
- Volunteer at a national park near you.
- Help your favorite trail site or organization with research and content development. Contact the site directly, or contact us about your interests.