American Memorial Park honors the American and Marianas people who gave their lives during the Marianas Campaign of World War II. At the park, memorials stand in tribute to the courage and sacrifice of the US Servicemen and Chamorro and Carolinian civilians who were killed in the battles between the United States and Japan that took place on Saipan, Tinian, and the Philippine Sea in 1944.
By The Numbers
- $1,263,226 of Land & Water Conservation Fund Appropriated for Projects (since 1965) »
- 3,172 Hours Donated by Volunteers »
- 38 National Register of Historic Places Listings »
- 2 National Historic Landmarks »
- 100,067 Objects in National Park Museum Collections »
- 1 Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itinerary »
- Print the summary »
These numbers are just a sample of the National Park Service's work. Figures are for the fiscal year that ended 9/30/2019.