Northern Mariana Islands
American Memorial Park honors the American and Marianas people who gave their lives during the Marianas Campaign of World War II. 5,204 names are inscribed on a memorial which was dedicated during the 50th Anniversary of the Invasion of Saipan. Within the 133-acre boundary are white beaches, sporting areas, picnic sites, playgrounds, walkways, and a 30-acre protected wetland and mangrove forest.
By The Numbers
- $1,038,226 of Land & Water Conservation Fund Appropriated for Projects (since 1965) »
- 1,285 Hours Donated by Volunteers »
- 38 National Register of Historic Places Listings »
- 2 National Historic Landmarks »
- 100,066 Objects in National Park Museum Collections »
- 1 Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itinerary »
- Download the summary »
These numbers are just a sample of the National Park Service's work. Figures are for the fiscal year that ended 9/30/2016.