Last updated: March 3, 2011
Northern Mariana Islands
American Memorial Park honors the American and Marianas people who gave their lives during the Marianas Campaign of World War II. 5,204 names are inscribed on a memorial which was dedicated during the 50th Anniversary of the Invasion of Saipan. Within the 133-acre boundary are white beaches, sporting areas, picnic sites, playgrounds, walkways, and a 30-acre protected wetland and mangrove forest.
By The Numbers
- $1,038,226 of Land & Water Conservation Fund Appropriated for Projects (since 1965) »
- 1,285 Hours Donated by Volunteers »
- 38 National Register of Historic Places Listings »
- 2 National Historic Landmarks »
- 100,066 Objects in National Park Museum Collections »
- 1 Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itinerary »
- Download the summary »
These numbers are just a sample of the National Park Service's work. Figures are for the fiscal year that ended 9/30/2016.