The Port Oneida School is located on Port Oneida Road just north of M-22. It is owned and maintained by the Glen Lake Community School District. Elementary students learn about local history and education methods when they visit the school. Older students help in the preservation of the building.
The Port Oneida School began in the 1860s but this building was built closer to the 1890s. The hand pump and privy recall earlier days. The school was the social centerpiece of the community after the store near the dock closed around 1900. Students planted the row of sugar maples to celebrate Arbor Day many years ago.