Wedding Permits

An image depicting the Giant Forest Museum on a summer day, compared to a photo of it blanketed in snow in the winter.
The Giant Forest Museum and patio area are surrounded by giant sequoias and make an ideal wedding location, but conditions vary across the seasons. The photo on the left was taken in early September, while the photo on the right was taken in early April. Photo left: NPS; Photo right: Kirke Wrench

What could be a better backdrop for your wedding day than the giant sequoias near the historic Giant Forest Museum or the expansive view of the foothills while standing on the granite dome of Beetle Rock? From large amphitheaters to intimate overlooks, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks has it all. Please read through all of the information listed below to learn more about holding your wedding ceremony in these beautiful parks.

Temporary Suspension of New Wedding Permit Applications

Unfortunately, we are unable to process new applications for weddings at this time. Once we are able to accept new applications, they will be required to be submitted a minimum of 90 days prior to the event. Please continue to check here for updates and an announcement of when we are able to start processing applications again.

Amended Conditions for Special Use Permits in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks

Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks (SEKI), in coordination with Federal, State and Local guidelines, have amended current special use permit conditions. The following conditions apply until further notice:

  • All groups are limited to 10 people until further notice, regardless of location.
  • Permittee must ensure physical distancing of at least 6 feet between non-household attendees.
  • Permit conditions are subject to change prior to the event as circumstances and guidance evolve. Permit holders are responsible for following conditions that are current on the date of their event.
  • Allow for 90 days to process all incoming applications
  • Applicants much choose a location from the current amended location list below. No other locations will be approved until further notice.

Available Locations for Weddings

Descriptions and photos of wedding locations are available online. Please be aware that all locations are at elevations that receive snow, typically from November through April. Some locations not accessible to vehicles when road conditions become impassible due to snow. Please check our location-specific road information and our winter driving information page before choosing a location. Before your arrival, please also visit our current park conditions page.

  • Sunset Rock
  • Beetle Rock
  • Giant Forest Museum Patio
  • Halstead Meadow
  • Crescent Meadow (road closes to vehicles when it becomes impassable to snow)
  • Long Meadow/Wolverton
  • Panoramic Point

No other locations will be considered until further notice.

Last updated: November 5, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

47050 Generals Highway
Three Rivers, CA 93271


(559) 565-3341

Contact Us