Tour Time Information
- Visitor Center takes about 1 hour.
Battlefield Tour Road drive time, without any stops, is about 30 minutes.
Average Tour Road drive time with a short stop at each of 10 wayside interpretive stops is around 1½ - 2 hours.
An abbreviated driving tour, using only 4 wayside interpretive stops, takes around 1 hour.
- Access to the interior is by drop-in or guided tour.
Tours take approximately 45 minutes.
Tour group sizes are limited to 12 people, maximum.
- Walking to Victory Woods from behind Saratoga Monument takes about 10-15 minutes. The ½-mile trail through Victory Woods takes an additional 30+ minutes. Plan on approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour round trip.
A small accessible parking area at the end of Monument Drive, in Schuylerville, allows visitors to start right in hiking the ½-mile Victory Woods trail.
- Climbing to and from the top of the Monument takes approximately 25 minutes.
- When open, a Ranger is on-site to answer any questions you might have.