The Saugus Iron Works Visitor Center is open daily from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (Closed November 1 - April 31). Come pick up a map, get your passport stamped, or become a junior ranger! The Visitor Center also contains our Eastern National managed bookstore and gift shop.
For information on guided tours and visitor activities check out Things To Do. This 9-acre site contains a museum, reconstructed industrial buildings, working waterwheels, a reproduction blacksmith shop, a 17th-century home, herb garden, a half-mile nature trail, picnic area, visitor center, and dock.
Saugus Iron Works National Historic Site is a unit of the National Park System, one of more than 400 parks that are important examples of our national and cultural heritage. The purpose of Saugus Iron Works National Historic Site is to preserve and interpret the first sustained, integrated iron works in British Colonial America, which operated on the Saugus River from 1646 to 1670.
The park is open daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, May 1st through October 31st. For more information call (781) 816-7299 or write Superintendent, Saugus Iron Works NHS, 244 Central St., Saugus MA 01906.