Do you want to stay connected to San Francisco Maritime NHP? Join us on our social media accounts before, during, and after your visit. Never been to San Francisco Maritime? Be a virtual visitor! Follow us on your favorite social media accounts
Social Media Tips for Protecting the Park
Social media can have tangible impacts on national parklands—for good or bad. Consider sharing your content in a way that helps preserve your public lands.
· Encourage positive behavior. You can support the mission of the National Park Service by posting or sharing content about conservation, Leave No Trace, and safety.
· Be mindful of what your images portray. Please do not post or share content about the park that promotes illegal or harmful activities, such as entering closed areas on historic ships, carving or drawing graffiti, performing bicycle or skateboard tricks, or feeding or approaching wildlife too closely. Be sure to read the park rules and regulations before you arrive.
· Do you have a permit for that? Commercial services are carefully regulated in national parks. Commercial photographers, product ambassadors, influencers, and other marketers should check out San Francisco Maritime NHP's Commercial Filming & Photography page for more information.
· Unmanned aircraft use is prohibited at San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park. Due to concerns about the negative impact that flying unmanned aircraft can have on the safety of visitors, staff, and wildlife, they have been restricted in all but a few parks. Check the park’s website to see if it is an allowed activity at a park you are visiting.
Social Media Policy
While this is an open forum, it is also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines. If you don't comply, your message will be removed.
· We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racist comments or submissions, nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
· We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
· We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
· You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
· Finally, the appearance of external links on this site does not constitute an official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. National Park Service or the U.S. Department of the Interior.
Please contact us with questions or to report an issue.
Last updated: March 1, 2021