001 - BOUNDARY CREEK
- Respect Wildness... Practice the 7 Leave No Trace Ethics
- Plan ahead and prepare: Plan your trip carefully. Prepare for extreme weather, hazards and emergencies. Plan for the least experienced member of your party.
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces: Hike single file in the middle of the trail or side by side in areas without trails. Camp in hardened areas only, not in meadows or on vegetation.
- Dispose of waste properly: Pick up all spilled foods and trash. Disperse washing and cooking wastewater 70 adult steps (200 feet/60 meters) from camps and all water sources. Leave no evidence of your stay.
- Leave what you find: Leave plants, rocks, antlers and artifacts as you find them for others to enjoy.
- Minimize campfire impacts: CAMPFIRES PROHIBITED AT THIS SITE. Use portable stoves only.
- Respect Wildlife: Use carry-in/carry-out bear resistant food storage canister April 1 through October 31. Minimize noise. Avoid lakes and streams at dawn and dusk.
- Be considerate of other visitors: Respect the quality of every visitor’s experience.
EMERGENCIES: In case of emergency, call 911. Area map shows the location of the nearest phone.
Site Location: Site is about 0.2 miles inside park boundary on north side of trail just beyond small foot bridge across Boundary Creek. A wood sign indicates the path to the site; the path may be marked by red arrowheads on trees. Camp safely away from standing dead trees, as near as is safely possible to the silver metal arrowhead.
Number of Sites: 2
Elevation: 9,120 feet
Distance: 4.6 miles from Dunraven TH
Approximate Travel Time: 4 to 5 hours
Elevation Change: 1,160 feet gain
Water Source: Water is available from creek or river. Boil or adequately treat all water.
To Reach the Trailhead (TH): Dunraven/North Fork TH: From Bond Park in downtown Estes Park drive 7.5 miles on MacGregor Avenue/Devils Gulch Road to the Glen Haven Post Office. Then drive another 1.7 miles on Devils Gulch Road to Dunraven Glade Road. Turn left onto Dunraven Glade Road and drive 2.2 miles to the TH. Do not drive onto the private property just beyond the TH.
Note: You will be hiking through U.S. Forest Service Comanche Peak Wilderness to reach this site. Please obey regulations posted at TH while hiking in this area.