Do Business With Us

Santa Elena Canyon Rockslide
Adventure in the Rio

Special Use Permits

A special use permit (SUP) is required for activities within National Parks that benefit an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large. This is to protect the park resources and public interests, as well as reduce the potential for conflict between your group and park guests.

Such activities include, but are not limited to:

  • Weddings and commitment ceremonies
  • Memorials and the spreading of remains
  • Sporting events
  • Cycling clubs activities, automobile and motorcycle rallies
  • Worship services
  • Trips organized by scouting groups, churches, academic institutions, or other non-profit organizations
  • Groups of 40 or more hiking in the Chisos Mountains

Application Form
Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing. A non-refundable administrative application fee of $25.00 (check or money order only) may be charged, depending on the activity.

For questions concerning SUPs, please call 432-477-1108 or email.
Commercial Use Authorization
Commercial Use Authorization permits are required of all operators who provide any goods, activities, agreements, or other services to the general public which take place, at least in part, in the park, uses park resources and are undertaken for or results in compensation, monetary gain, benefit or profit to an individual, organization or corporation. (This also applies to non-profit and educational groups, if taxable income is derived).
Commercial Filming Permits
Commercial filming and still photography require a film permit.

Last updated: January 29, 2019

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Rio Grande Wild & Scenic River
c/o Big Bend National Park
PO Box 129

Big Bend National Park, TX 79834


(432) 477-2251

Contact Us