Permits & Reservations

First Amendment (Free Speech):

First Amendment (Free Speech) Area with Map

Special Use Permits:

Special Use Permit Application

Instructions for the Special Use Permit

Filming Permits:

All professional photography and videography require a filming permit. Below is a link to the copy of the filming permit conditions and an application.

Commercial Filming Permit Application

Commercial Use Authorization (previously known as Incidental Business Permit):

Commercial Use Authorization Application

To operate a business, profit or non-profit, in Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park requires a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA). All commercial tours that enter the park on a regular basis must have a CUA and are required to pay the commercial tour fee at the entrance station at each visit. The CUA is for commercial services that originate and terminate outside of the boundaries of the park. Activities such as advertising, soliciting, collecting fees or selling goods or services within the park boundaries are strictly profhibited.

Park fees include: $200 for the CUA and $3.00/person upon all entry into the Park (including walk in and bike tours). Guides and employees of the company are not charged if they stay in their vehicle.

To be considered for a CUA you must complete the CUA application in its entirety and submit the completed application with payment to the park.

U.S. Department of the Interior
National Park Service
73-4786 Kanalani Street
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

PH: (808) 329-6881 x 1330 FAX: (808) 329-2597

If you have any questions, please call the number above or call 808-328-2326 ext. 1221. We look forward to working with you and seeing you in the park.

Last updated: February 1, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO BOX 129
Honaunau, HI 96726


(808) 328-2326

Contact Us