The superintendent of Prince William Forest Park, Tanya M. Gossett, is the top park official, responsible for managing and supervising all park operations and activities. Though staff offices are scattered throughout the park, all park staff can be reached during normal business hours at 703-221-4706. Or you can email the Superintendent!
Divisions within the park include administration, interpretation, maintenance, resource management, and resource and visitor protection. A division chief heads each division.
- The Administration Division acts as the "business office" for the park. Its principal functions include human resources, purchasing, property management, budget administration, contracting, housing matters, payroll, technology support (personal computers and telephone system), and mail. Email administration.
- The Visitor Services Division is responsible for information/education programs and services provided to park visitors and neighbors. The division manages park publications, interpretive exhibits and educational programs, fee collection and visitor center operations. Interpretive rangers provide a variety of ranger-led programs to the public. Email visitor services.
- The Maintenance Division maintains all roads, trails, buildings, utilities, grounds, vehicles, and other physical facilities in the park to assure their safe use. The division also manages construction and rehabilitation projects to support the park's operation. Email maintenance.
- The Resource Management Division provides scientific guidance to park management on all matters related to natural and cultural resources. The division conducts or oversees studies on physical, biological, and cultural resources. The division also maintains an extensive museum collection. Email resources Management.
- The Resource and Visitor Protection Division is responsible for law enforcement, special use permits, emergency medical services, search and rescue, fire management, and security of park facilities, buildings, and park-owned housing. Email law enforcement.