Rock Creek Station
Rock Creek station was established along the Oregon-California Trail in 1858 to sell supplies and other services to the emigrants. The station subsequently served as a relay station for the Pony Express, and finally as a stage station for the Overland stage.
To the northwest of the old station site is the finest stretch of pristine trail ruts in southeastern Nebraska. These ruts, which cover 1600 feet, are quite dramatic in appearance.
The Rock Creek Station buildings have been reconstructed by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, which now administers the site and adjacent museum as a state park.
Last updated: March 2, 2020