Experience all that Fire Island National Seashore has to offer. Tucked away in a quiet community just south of Watch Hill, the Bayberry Dunes Beach View House offers guests a secluded and affordable Fire Island retreat.
Enjoy the free public lifeguarded beaches, a hike through the Fire Island High Dune Wilderness, a Ranger-guided stroll along the Watch Hill nature trail, an evening of food and music with our concessionaire partners at LoveFINS, or a quiet morning in your own rustic beach view house. At Bayberry Dunes there’s something for everyone.
Flexible and affordable booking is available through Recreation.gov.
1. When is the house available?
We are accepting reservations now through the end of the season.
2. How can I make my reservation?
Reservations are available through Recreation.gov.
3. How much does it cost?
The Bayberry Dunes Beach View house offers visitors an affordable alternative to many pricier private Fire Island rentals. The minimum fee for rental is $3000 ($500/night with a minimum stay of 6 nights).
4. Can we rent it for shorter or longer periods?
The house is not generally available for shorter stays, but can be rented for multiple weeks at the same rate. Guests are encouraged to inquire about shorter stays when they email Fire Island National Seashore.
5. What is the capacity of the house?
The house sleeps up to 8 people with two guests sharing each bedroom.
6. How do we get to the house?
The house is accessible by waterborne transportation only, and via the following methods:
- A personal vessel docked at a local marina (Watch Hill is the closest, Davis Park is a mile walk on a boardwalk). Docking and utility fees apply.
- The Watch Hill Ferry – Free parking is available at the Watch Hill Ferry Terminal in Patchogue on Long Island at 150 West Ave., Patchogue, NY 11772. The terminal is also readily accessible by the Long Island Railroad from the nearby Patchogue Train Station. The ferry which lands at Watch Hill is a short ¼ mile walk to the Bayberry Dunes Beach View House.
The Davis Park Ferry – Visitors may also choose to travel via the Davis Park Ferry, which is an approximately 1-mile walk by boardwalk from the Bayberry Dunes Beach View House. The Davis Park Ferry departs from Long Island, at 80 Brightwood St., Patchogue, NY 11772, and is accessible by vehicle (parking fees apply).
7. What are the ferry rates?
Ferry rates may vary. Visitors are encouraged to check before departure at Davis Park Ferry.
8. What are the marina rates?
Marina rates may very. Visitors are encouraged to check online before departure.
- Watch Hill: Marina Rates - Watch Hill & Sailors Haven - Fire Island (lovefins.com)
- Davis Park: Davis Park Marina at Fire Island
9. Can you describe the house?
The Bayberry Dunes Beach View House is a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom beach house, with all beds and baths on the 1st floor, and a spacious living, dining, and kitchen area on the 2nd floor. As a rustic beach house, it is not climate controlled, but has multiple windows on each elevation for ventilation.
The house is fully furnished. 2 bedrooms are furnished with Queen-sized beds, 2 bedrooms are furnished with 2 Twin-sized beds each. Pillows are provided, but linens are not, including sheets and pillow cases.
10. What amenities are included?
- A full kitchen with stove/oven, refrigerator, toaster, microwave and coffee pot (drip).
- Dishes, glassware, mugs, and utensils for up to 8 people.
- Cookware including pots, pans, baking sheets, cooking utensils.
- Barbecue with 2 propane tanks, and grill utensils.
- Hand soap, dish towels, vacuum, and cleaning supplies.
- Box fans for each bedroom.
11. What other amenities are available nearby?
LoveFINS is the concessionaire on site, providing both food and beverage for purchase at the marina. LoveFINS also operates a general store, which provides sundry goods to visitors of the Park.
12. What activities are available nearby?
A wide variety of National Park Service Ranger-guided programs are available, from seining to nature walks. Visit our website calendar for more up-to-date information on all of our programs.
A free life-guarded beach is available nearby at Watch Hill. Lifeguards operate seasonally and are usually onsite throughout the day from the morning to the mid-afternoon.
Concessionaires at LoveFINS at Watch Hill offer food, drink, and entertainment. Live music and other programs are often available on weekends.
Nearby Davis Park offers additional options for food and drink.
13. Are dogs and other pets allowed?
Dogs and other pets are not permitted.