|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Curt Frain, 507-825-5464 ext. 219
National Parks to Offer Free Admission on 9 Days in 2014
Pipestone, MN: Superintendent Glen Livermont announces that America’s 401 national parks will offer free admission on nine days in 2014, including several holidays! The 2014 entrance fee-free days are:
- January 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 15-17: Presidents Day weekend
- April 19-20: National Park Week’s opening weekend
- August 25: National Park Service’s 98th birthday
- September 27: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
"National parks not only protect and preserve the places we most value they also add enormous economic value to nearby communities and the entire nation. Visitor spending represents a $30 billion annual benefit to the national economy and supports more than 250,000 jobs," said Jarvis.
The National Park Service, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and the U.S. Forest Service also participate in the America the Beautiful National Parks Pass and Federal Recreational Lands Pass programs. These passes provide access to more than 2,000 national parks, forests, wildlife refuges, grasslands, and other federal lands.
Four passes are available:
- free annual pass to current military members and their dependents
- free lifetime pass for people with permanent disabilities
- $10 lifetime senior pass for those aged 62 and over
- $80 annual pass for the general public.
About the National Park Service. More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America's 401 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Learn more at www.nps.gov