Permits & Reservations


An Education Permit is needed for groups of 25 or more when visiting the park. A ranger may be provided for a program if needed at any of the official park trails. Please let us know well ahead of time when scheduling any group over 25 for a visit. You can reach our education coordinator at (505) 899-0205.


A Special Use Permit will be required for activities such as:

  1. Commercial Filming & Photography
  2. Special Events
  3. First Amendment
  4. Transportation & Utility Systems on Federal Lands

A Special Use Permit is not required for:

  1. A visitor using a camera and/or recording device for his/her own personal use and within normal visitation areas and hours; or
  2. A commercial photographer not using a prop, model, or set, and staying within normal visitation areas and hours; or
  3. Press coverage of breaking news. This instance never requires a permit but is subject to the imposition of restrictions and conditions necessary to protect park resources and public health and safety, and to prevent impairment or derogation of park resources or values.

The non-refundable base application fee for a Special Use Permit is $50. A check or money order must be made out to Petroglyph National Monument. Additional Location and/or Cost Recovery fees for monitoring, administrative costs, and restoration will be determined and assessed either prior to or upon completion of the special use activity.

If you are not familiar with Petroglyph National Monument, a pre-visit is encouraged. The location where the event is to take place needs to be approved and determined prior to the day of the event. There may be special restrictions in the area requested that could limit access.

A General Special Use Permit Application (Form 10-930) is required for all potential special use events. A $50 application fee is required to process the application.Email us to receive your Special Use Permit application via email.

Additionally and if applicable, Commercial Filming & Still Photography Application may also need to be completed & mailed along with the General Special Use Permit Application. Mail forms along with the $50 application fee to:

Special Park Uses Permit Office
Petroglyph National Monument
6001 Unser Blvd. NW
Albuquerque, NM 87120

All requests for Transportation & Utility Systems on Federal Lands must call (505) 899-0205 ext. 334.

Last updated: September 9, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Headquarters Administration Offices
6001 Unser Blvd. NW

Albuquerque, NM 87120


(505) 899-0205

Contact Us