Operating Hours and Seasons
The Pearl Harbor Visitor Center is part of the Pearl Harbor National Memorial, a National Park Service site. Pearl Harbor consistently ranks among the top three most heavily-visited tourist destinations in Hawai'i. Daily visitation averages about 4,000 visitors.
The National Park Service (NPS) is working service wide with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and using a phased approach to increase access on a park-by-park basis. Based on guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities. Here you'll find the most current alerts and conditions at the park.
Fees and Passes
There is no entry fee for the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, and no ticket is required to see the museums. The USS Arizona Memorial program does require a ticket, but tickets are free. The walk in first come first served ticket distribution system has been discontinued. It is strongly recommended that visitors make advanced reservations online at www.recreation.gov. Standby seats may not always be available. Programs to the USS Arizona Memorial are operated by the National Park Service.
The National Park Pass is not needed for entrance, because there is no fee. You cannot purchase the National Park Pass at the memorial. However, passes can be purchased online.
Permits and Reservations
Reservations can be made either up to 7 days or 24-hours in advance, through www.recreation.gov. You will pay a non-refundable $1.00 convenience fee per reserved ticket. You are not paying for your free USS Arizona Memorial program ticket; you are paying a convenience fee to make your reservation, those fees stay with recreation.gov, they do not get transfered to the National Park Service. There is a reservation limit of 5 tickets per person per day.
Need assistance? Pearl Harbor National Memorial Park Rangers do not have access to program inventory, nor can they create, modify, or cancel reservations made via recreation.gov or by third party booking sites and vendors. You can contact recreation.gov for additional help via any of the options listed on their website, or your third party sale site directly.
Step-by-step guidance on booking through recreation.gov:
- Click Sign In or Sign Up to log in to your account or create a new one
- Visit the page for USS Arizona Memorial Program reservations
- Click the Calendar Icon button under the Date field. Update the number of tickets you are reserving under the Quantity field.
- The current limit is 5 tickets per reservation per day. Everyone needs a ticket, including infants and small children.
- Select your program time from the available Tour Times.
- If specific dates and times are striped or grey, those dates and program times have either been fully reserved or they have not been released yet. An alert will pop up on the bottom of the website informing you when the next release will be.
- Blue dates and program times are available.
- Click Add to Cart and check out as directed.
- There is a $1 per ticket non-refundable program management fee. This fee is not collected by the National Park Service, it is collected by Recreation.gov.
- Check your e-mail and print your QR Code for check in at the Ticket Validation Desk at the Pearl Harbor Theater.
- It is strongly recommended that you arrive on site at least 1-hour prior to your scheduled program time. Your program time is when the your US Navy provided vessel is scheduled to depart the shoreside dock. If you do not arrive and check in early for your program on time, your seats may be given to those waiting in line for standby availability.
- Your QR Code will be located in a pdf attachment at the bottom of your confirmation email.
- Park Rangers can not create, modify, rebook, refund, or cancel any reservations.
Find out more about weather in Hawaii and how to plan for your trip.
Pets are not permitted inside the visitor center. Service animals, however, are allowed.