Weather at Olympic National Park constantly changes and trip safety is paramount. Be prepared for diverse and hazardous conditions and inclement weather at any time of year.
- First Aid Trained Personnel - Dependent upon you school policy, we recommend that at least one member of your party is certified in First Aid and CPR.
- First Aid Kit - A well-stocked first aid kit is a necessity.
- Chaperones - We recommend one adult chaperone per 8 to 12 students.
- Weather - Please check the latest forecast prior to your field trip.
- Slips, Trips, and Falls - Be prepared for wet, slippery and obstacle laden trails. Proper foot wear and sound trail etiquette will mitigate injuries and accidents due to slips, trips and falls.
- Inclement Weather Plan - Have a back up plan prepared and ready if conditions change or if facilities are closed due to adverse weather conditions.
- Hurricane Ridge - If planning a trip to Hurricane Ridge in winter please visit the following page.
- Coastal Trips - If planning a trip to the coast, please review current tide charts as well as additional hazards specific to the coast.