The gauges that are most relevant for this park are the following:
- Obed River near Lancing. This gauge is located near Alley Ford and reflects streamflow on the main stem of the Obed River.
- Obed River at Adams Bridge This gauge is located at the very upstream end of the park on the Obed River. Situated just a few miles downstream from Crossville, Tennessee, this gauge provides real-time readings for both water quality and streamflow.
- Clear Creek at Lilly Bridge This gauge is located 1.5 miles above Clear Creek's junction with the Obed River and reflects water quality and streamflow conditions in Clear Creek.
- Daddys Creek Near Hebbertsburg This gauge is located near Antioch Bridge, several miles upstream from the park boundary, and provides real-time information about water quality and streamflow in Daddy's Creek.
- Emory River at Oakdale Since 1928, this gauge has been the downstream gauge that captures the combined from levels from the Obed and Emory Rivers and other tributaries outside of the park such as Island Creek, Crooked Fork and Crab Orchard Creek.
Please see this link to view gauge readings for the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area.
Other area stream gauge readings may be found at the following webpage: USGS-Tennessee.
Remember that stream levels can rise rapidly and keep an eye on the weather forecast.