|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Mike Litterst, National Park Service, 202-245-4676
Contact: Sgt. Anna Rose, U.S. Park Police
Washington – The National Park Service and the United States Park Police in cooperation with federal, state and local law enforcement, public safety and transportation agencies, announce security, logistics and access plans for the Voices of the People and Make America Great Again! inaugural welcome celebrations. The events will take place on Thursday, January 19 from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the Lincoln Memorial.
The following roads will be closed and off-limits to vehicles starting at 4 a.m. on Thursday, January 19:
- Constitution Avenue (23rd Street to 15th Street)
- 23rd Street NW (Virginia Avenue NW to Independence Avenue SW)
- Henry Bacon Drive NW
- Lincoln Memorial Circle
- 22nd Street NW (C Street NW to Constitution Avenue NW)
- 21st Street NW (Virginia Avenue NW to Constitution Avenue NW)
- 20th Street NW (C Street NW to Constitution Avenue NW)
- 19th Street NW (Virginia Avenue NW to Constitution Avenue NW)
- 18th Street NW (Virginia Avenue NW to Constitution Avenue NW)
- Virginia Ave NW (18th Street NW to Constitution Avenue NW)
- 17th Street NW (New York Ave NW to Independence Avenue SW)
- Independence Avenue SW (23rd Street NW to 17th Street NW)
- Daniel French Drive SW
- Ohio Drive SW (Independence Avenue SW to Inlet Bridge)
- West Basin Drive SW (Ohio Drive SW to Independence Avenue SW)
- Rock Creek Parkway (Virginia Avenue SW to Ohio Drive SW)
- Parkway Drive
- Arlington Memorial Bridge
- Theodore Roosevelt Bridge (at 10 am on January 19th, a full closure will occur with all traffic being diverted onto Northbound Potomac River Freeway)
The following National Park Service sites will be closed beginning at 4 a.m. on Thursday, January 19 until after the end of the event, expected to be around 6 p.m.:
- Lincoln Memorial
- D.C. War Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- World War II Memorial
Concert-goers are strongly advised to use public transportation. Metro stations near the Lincoln Memorial that will remain open throughout the day include Foggy Bottom/GWU, Farragut West, Smithsonian, Federal Triangle, Farragut North, and McPherson Square. Please visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority at http://www.wmata.com for more information on transportation planning.
NOTE: Concert-goers should NOT plan to use the Arlington Cemetery Metro stop; the closest available station will be Foggy Bottom/GWU.
Access points will open at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, January 19.
Ticketed spectators will enter from Henry Bacon Drive (off Constitution Avenue NW, west of 22nd Street).
Access points for the general public (non-ticketed) will be located at the following locations; they will remain open until the venue can no longer accommodate additional spectators:fF
- North Elm Walk, east end of the Reflecting Pool at World War II Memorial
- South Elm Walk, east end of the Reflecting Pool at World War II Memorial
All attendees, including general public and ticketed guests, are subject to a thorough security screening before entering the concert venue. Please allow additional time for the security screening, as it is expected that lines may be long.
Automated Notification System
To receive text alerts, advisories, traffic information, and additional updates about the concert via the Nixle community information service, text INAUG to 888777.
The following items will be prohibited at the concert:
- Animals other than service/guide animals
- Backpacks and bags exceeding size restrictions (18” by 13” by 7”)
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
- Glass, thermal, or metal containers
- Laser pointers
- Mace/pepper spray
- Selfie sticks
- Signs exceeding the size restrictions (20’ x 3’ x 1/4”)
- Supports for signs and placards
- Toy guns
- Weapons of any kind
- Any other items determined to be potential safety hazards
For information about the inaugural welcome celebrations, including lineup and schedule for the show, visit https://www.58pic2017.org/events/welcome-celebrations/.