Permits & Reservations


You do not need a reservation for any programs at Mount Rushmore, including the Evening Lighting Ceremony.

Special Use Permits

There are several types of special use permits necessary for certain activities or events held at Mount Rushmore National Memorial. The links below provide information regarding such permits.

You can make payments for permit applications online by visiting Enter "Mount Rushmore" into the search box at the top of the page and click on "Search" to display a list of our payment forms.

Contact us:

Applications processed Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time
Closed federal holidays
Office: (605) 574-3131
Fax: (605) 574-2307
or e-mail us

During 2021, no permits will be approved for special events, weddings, filming or photography during the following dates:

  • July 2 through July 5, 2021, for Independence Day events
  • August 5 through August 16, 2021, during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

As of November, 2016, the Carvers' Café and Carvers' Café Patio will not be able to make reservations or requests for private dinners or receptions between the beginning of Memorial Day weekend through September 30th.

Use the links below to find information regarding special use permits:

Special Events


Scattering Cremated Remains

Filming and Photography

First Amendment Activities

Research Permits

Research permits are handled through the National Park Service Research Permit and Reporting System.


Last updated: September 27, 2021

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

13000 Highway 244
Building 31, Suite 1

Keystone , SD 57751


605 574-2523
Park information. Phones are answered from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Contact Us

Stay Connected