Your Dollars At Work

New biodiesel tram
Three environmentally friendly biodiesel trams have recently replaced the old gasoline powered trams at Wetherill Mesa.

NPS Photo

Mesa Verde National Park is a participant in the congressionally authorized Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. The program authorizes participating parks to keep 80% of the entrance fees collected. These funds are used for backlogged maintenance needs, repair projects, interpretation and education, signage, and natural and historical resource preservation. The remaining 20% is distributed to parks that are not part of the program but have similar needs, and other service-wide initiatives.

For information on how your dollars are being used at Mesa Verde National Park, please use the following link.

Your Dollars At Work, 2014 (pdf, 1,250 kb)

Last updated: February 24, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 8
Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330


(970) 529-4465

Contact Us