Travel grants are made possible through the generous work of park partners in education: the National Park Foundation and the Mesa Verde Museum Association.
- 4th grade students/classes will receive funding priority. Other grade levels may be eligible; please contact the education office for approval.
- Title I schools will be given priority for funding. Public, private, and charter schools are eligible.
- Students/schools within a 300 mile radius of Mesa Verde National Park will receive funding priority for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Full or partial scholarship may be awarded, not to exceed $500 per bus.
- Classes are eligible for reimbursement once per school year.
- Classes may visit the park on teacher-led, independent field trips and/or participate in ranger-led education programs.
Please visit the Mesa Verde web page, “Planning a Field Trip”
for more information.
- Bus stipends are awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Requests for reimbursement must be received at least two weeks prior to your field trip date. Confirmation of your application status will be sent via email.
- You can schedule Educational tours in advance of your trip. Once approved, the funds will be held for your class. For example: In February, Ms. Taylor reserves an Educational tour for May 3rd and submits her travel grant application. Once the grant application is approved, the bus funding will be held for her trip.
- An invoice from the bus company, district transportation office, principal’s office, or the school board is required for reimbursement.
- Reimbursement checks will be mailed within two weeks following the field trip.
- As a condition of funding, park staff and partners may photograph students in the park. Please confirm with park staff when reserving your field trip if you do not want students to be photographed during programs.
- Submit the travel grant application.
- Schedule a ranger-led Educational tour, if desired.
- Submit the form at least two weeks prior to your travel date. Email the signed form to MEVE_Education@nps.gov or fax to 970-529-5013.
- You will receive an email confirming or denying the reimbursement request.
- After your visit, your school office or transportation district must submit an invoice to secure reimbursement.
- Reimbursement checks will mailed to the school or district upon receipt of the invoice.
If you have questions please email the education coordinator
or call (970) 529-5079.