To accomplish its important duties of preservation and education, the National Park Service relies on the efforts of volunteers who give their time and expertise to help achieve the National Park Service mission.
Volunteers play a key role at the Maggie L. Walker National Historic Site and are active in many areas of park operations.
• Greet visitors and provide information about the park and the National Park Service in the park visitor center
• Staff special events
• Conduct research and assist with administrative tasks
The benefits of volunteering at the Maggie L. Walker National Historic Site are unlimited!
• Learn about the history of Maggie L. Walker and the National Park Service
• Receive training in Maggie L. Walker National Historic Site operations and procedures
• Have a flexible schedule
• Enjoy the satisfaction and experience in communicating with and helping park visitors while representing the National Park Service
• Be recognized for sharing their time, knowledge, and expertise