This room is part of the ell added in the 1790s addition by Andrew Craigie. It served several functions over the house's history - housing for the Craigie servants, a room for Samuel Longfellow during his Harvard Divinity School studies, a temporary nursery, and a schoolroom under governess Hannah Davie. From 1917 until his death in 1950, it served as Harry Dana's office, with his desk, floor to ceiling bookcases, typewriters, and a telephone.
However, the room is most notable for its use by Charles Longfellow to display his treasures collected on his travels. He furnished the room with Civil War memorabilia, items from his travels in India, and eventually furniture and art collected during his time living in Japan.