Special Event Permits

When is a permit needed?

A Special Use Permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization, rather than the public at large, and for activities that require some degree of management by the National Park Service. Examples of activities may include, but are not limited to: filming, cultural programs, workshops, events, runs, and cycling events.

How do I apply for a permit?

If your proposed activity is unusual or complex, you should request a meeting with park staff prior to submitting your application. Early consultation with park staff will help you submit a complete application that they will be able to process in a timely manner.

Permit applications are available below. Send a completed application along with the application fee as far in advance of your planned date as possible to:

Lava Beds National Monument
PO Box 1240
Tulelake, CA 96134
Attn: Special Use Application

Special Park Use Short Form (Used for simple special events, filming, etc.)

Special Park Use Long Form (Use for more complex special events, filming, etc.)

Last updated: February 27, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 1240
Tulelake , CA 96134


530 667-8113

Contact Us

Stay Connected