Lava Beds has one campground, Indian Well Campground, located 1/2 mile (0.8 km) from the visitor center and cave loop. There are 43 sites available on a first-come, first serve basis. Sites can accommodate tents, pickup campers, small trailers and motor homes up to 30 feet. Note: not all sites can accommodate motor homes.
Sites are $10 per night, per site, and include a picnic table fire ring and cooking grill. Wood fires are permitted unless otherwise posted. Firewood may be available for purchase during the summer (to confirm, call the visitor center at 530-667-8113). Dead and down firewood can be collected on the nearby Modoc National Forest. Restrooms with water, sinks and flush toilets are available year round in the campground.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. and all campground rules apply to groups.
- Generator hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Maximum 8 persons per site, 2 vehicles or 3 motorcycles
- Maximum stay is 14 consecutive days in a 30-day period
- Holders of an Access or Senior pass receive a 50% discount on their site
- Pets are permitted in the campground, but must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet (1.8 m) Pets are not permitted in caves, trails or in buildings.
- The campground typically only fills on summer weekends near holidays. In the event the campground is full, staff can direct you to several campgrounds within a 30 minute drive.
- Not Available: Showers, hookups, dump stations and amenities such as gas, and propane.