For your safety:
Park regulations exist for your safety and for the protection of natural and cultural resources. Please obey all park rules and regulations.
- Stay on designated trails.
- Bicycles are only allowed on Main Park Road. A bicycle rack is provided at the Visitor Center.
- Pets are not allowed in the buildings and must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet and attended at all times.
- Regulations prohibit picking and digging of plants, hunting, and metal detecting.
- Firearms prohibited
- Skateboards, scooters and rollerblades prohibited.
-Beware of poisonous snakes such as rattlesnakes and copperheads, which are found within the park.
-Watch out for ticks, stinging insects and poison ivy.
-Beware of lightning strikes on ridge tops.
-Have proper clothing and plenty of water. Summers are hot and humid. Winters are generally mild but can often get cold.