.Phased Reopening - some locations closed due to COVID-19
The National Park Service (NPS) is working servicewide with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and using a phased approach to increase access on a park-by-park basis. Based on guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities, starting on September 16 access to the park is as follows:
- Outdoor visitor services area with staff. Traffic flow of visitors will be controlled with one-way entry and exit. Wednesday - Friday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- Ranger talks will resume when staff is available for groups of no more than 10 people.
- Limited America's National Parks store sales will resume in an outdoor area. Wednesday - Friday, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- All grounds, trails and parking lots
- Restrooms located near Visitor Center.
- Visitor Center
The health and safety of our visitors, employees, volunteers and partners continues to be paramount. At Kings Mountain NMP, our operational approach continues to be centered around public health guidance and are regularly monitored. We continue to work closely with the NPS Office of Public Health using CDC guidance to ensure public areas and workspaces are safe and clean.
A safe and enjoyable park experience begins at home. The CDC has offered guidance to help people recreating in parks and open spaces prevent the spread of infectious diseases. We ask the public to be our partner in recreating responsibily, by following CDC and state and local guidance, social distancing, and wearing a face covering when social distance cannot be maintained.