Bicycles are permitted on open, paved, roadways only. Interpretive hiking trails are not available for bicycle travel. Bikes are subject to confiscation and the rider cited if found other than stated areas above.
The mountain road is open to bicycles Monday through Friday and closed weekends and major holidays. When it is open to motor vehicles, it is open to bicycles. The posted times are available at the front gate and at the entrance of the mountain road.
For your safety and the safety of other mountain road users:
- Adhere to the posted 25 mile per hour speed limit.
- Bikes travel single file only.
- Be courteous and share the road as others are expected to share with you.
- DO NOT pass a motor vehicle
- If under 16 years of age, a helmet is required.
- There are 2 pedestrian crosswalks on the mountain road, YIELD to pedestrians.
- Obey all traffic laws
Other than the mountain road and various parking areas, the main roads that travel through the Battlefield are heavily traveled roads. Use caution at all times!
There is a paved multi-use trail available 7 days a week at the entrance of the Battlefield which extends for approximately 1.4 miles. Bicycles may use this at any time.