When the mountain road is open to private motor vehicles, it is open to bicycles. The posted times for motorized and non-motorized vehicles (to include bicycles) are available at the front gate and at the entrance of the mountain road.
Bikes are subject to confiscation and the rider cited if found other than stated areas above.
For your safety and the safety of other mountain road users:
- Adhere to the posted 25 mile per hour speed limit.
- Bikes travel single file only.
- Be courteous and share the road as others are expected to share with you.
- DO NOT pass a motor vehicle
- If under 16 years of age, a helmet is required.
- There are 2 pedestrian crosswalks on the mountain road, YIELD to pedestrians.
- Obey all traffic laws
Interpretive hiking trails are not available for bicycle travel.
There is a paved multi-use trail available 7 days a week at the entrance of the Battlefield which extends for approximately 1.4 miles. Bicycles may use this at any time.