Edwin A. Meyers, whose last name often got-and gets-misspelled, Myers, was born in 1835 and resided in Allegheny City. He had numerous brothers and sisters. His father's name is unknown and, while his mother's name may have been Isabella, that, too, is inconclusive.
Edwin was active in the printing business by the time he was 15 years old. According to, The History of Pittsburgh: Its Rise and Progress, Sarah Kilikelly, 1906: "James P. Barr became editor of the Pittsburgh Post in May of 1857. At the end of the Civil War, Barr associated himself with Edwin A. Myers [sic], William Schroyer and Joseph S. Lare to form J.P. Barr & Co. This was in 1866; Edwin A. Myers [sic] had been his former partner in the job printing business since 1855. The firm name continued till 1866, when it became 'The Post Publishing Co.'" He was also involved in the telegraph business in 1847.
He was listed as a charter member of the South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club. An F.A. Meyers appears in a Johnstown Tribune publication of Club Members, but this probably was a misspelling. He was also a member of the Duquesne Club. He served with fellow South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club member Sylvester S. Martin as director of the Commercial National Bank in Pittsburgh, founded 1882. In 1890, he became assosicated with Meyers, Shinkle, and Company, that made machines for machinists, as well as, grist, and saw mills.
He married Helen M. and they had a daughter Helen E. Meyers. It is believed that the Meyers' were divorced by 1895, as Helen M. was listed as living with her daughter and son-in-law, however, this could be because Edwin A. died on November 22, 1895.