Keeping Your Pets Safe and Happy
Pets are welcome at the Jimmy Carter National Historical Park - but to protect other visitors, wildlife and your pets themselves, please remember these regulations:
- Pets must be leashed (6' or shorter leash) at all times.
- You must clean up after your pet(s).
- You may not leave a tethered pet unattended.
- Pets are allowed on the grounds and walkway at the farm but must be on a leash. Pets are not allowed in the Carter Home or the Clark House.
- Pets are not allowed inside Plains High School. Pets are allowed on the grounds, but you must clean up after your pet.
- Pets are not allowed inside Plains Depot. Pets are allowed on the grounds of Plains Depot.
- Service animals are allowed in all buildings at the Jimmy Carter National Historical Park. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
We suggest that you contact the local Chamber of Commerce for suggestions on kennel services in the area.